If this website has inspired you to find out more about your local heritage, film-making or creating your own project, here are a list of places to check out:
“We aim to provide community news, information and local heritage articles for the ancient village of Bloxwich and the surrounding district, including Blakenall Heath, Leamore and Birchills. The Bloxwich Telegraph is committed to supporting and promoting our local area, and is published free of charge in support of the local community and ex-pats world-wide”.
A Click in Time website is the official site of the Walsall local history centre. The centre holds over 12,000 photographs dating back to the mid 19th century. These cover the whole of the current Walsall Council area. The website showcases a selection of these photos.
Attractions and facilities
- Free admission
- Free on site parking
- Disabled access
- Drinks facility
- Friendly, fully trained staff who can help with your family and local history inquiries
- Access to resources on family and local history ranging in date from c1225 to the present day
- A range of local history publications for sale
- Free introductory sessions on the Ancestry family history database and our family history resources
- An hour’s free session with an experienced family history researcher who will help if you are starting out on family history or have hit a brick wall
- Workshops and courses in family and local history
- A paid research service if you would like us to do your research for you
- A chance to explore stories from the past and contribute your memories.
This Facebook page is a great place to see photos and share memories. They say they are “Wanting people’s old and new photos and memories of Bloxwich to share and discuss and reminisce.”